Summary:
Porsche has been a very successful brand in terms of higher-end automobiles and driving experiences.Many people treat a porsche as their dream car when they are young and chose to buy it as a luxury car for the family. However, most of the people drive Porsche in the summer because they fear the winter will damage the car. But the Porsche car is actually perfectly safe and sturdy during winter time. The engineering of the car allows winter driving with no problem. In order to attract more people to do winter driving, the company decided to launch a campaign to encourage peopel to do so.
Key Points:
1. Porshe is mostly driven by high income people who treat Porshe as a luxury. Therefore they are unwiling to try their car in winter.
2.Many existing concepts in people's minds, such as " the presence of ice sand and gravel can damage the car".
3. Customers do not perceive porshe to be everyday cars.
As seen above, people have misconceptions about their Porsche or treat the car as a luxury toy instead of a utility car. In some aspects, this may not be a bad thing. The luxurious feature of Porsche could be the reason people buy it. But the misconceptions of how Porsche cannot winter drive could damage the brand more than helps it. In Germany, people are used to drive Porsche in the winter without problems. Therefore, it is not the car's problem. In order to persuade Canadians to drive during the winter, which spans almost 6months, the company should advetise the winter driving experience everywhere. The article mentiond a good start of making winter driving brochures and microwebsites. The company could also advertise in TV and change people's misconception gradually.
Buyer's Point:
I am a high income middle class man. I have dreamed for a Porsche for years. I finally got this car in the summer and I plan to treat it as a baby. Driving it in bad weather condition is stupid. I have other less expensive cars to do the job if needed. My Porsche is only for conditions when I want to go to a party or similar places. I will keep it well maintained.
Seller's Point:
Porsche is engineered to be able to drive in all-weather conditions. I hate it when no one comes to buy a Porsche in the winter, which is actually 6months long. People have misconceptions about this car. Driving it in the winter will not damage the car. Instead, it will give you a better driving experience than other cars in bad weather conditions. We should work hard to let people be aware of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment